Marsico Hall at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Type University
- Location Chapel Hill, NC
- Year 2014
- houses the UNC Center of Nanomedicine and the UNC center for Integrative Chemical Biology
- surrounded by five previous Milestone projects on the same block
- 9 story 325,000 square foot cast-in-place concrete structure
- two connector structures to surrounding buildings
- stainless steel rebar used in all high magnetic field areas
- contains lab space, a Vivarium, and biomedical imaging
- contains a cyclotron with 7 foot thick concrete walls
- LEED silver certified
- The only academic building in the United States besides Mass General (Harvard) with the same unique medical equipment contained inside.
Mitchell Puryear LEED AP
The Milestone Group has assisted on many projects, both large and small, providing scheduling services, sequence planning and constructability review; all of which are critical for a predictable outcome and project success. Their work and planning is thoughtfully developed and always performed in a collaborative and team oriented fashion. Their ability to respond to specific requests and adjust as changes occur while maintaining a very clear view of the overall project is excellent. They are proactive in their approach and always looking for opportunities to improve a plan as well as construction issues to consider long before they appear on the project. We look forward to continuing our successful relationship with The Milestone Group.
Senior Project Manager